How to book
BOOKINGS OPEN 1 JULY 2014
Tickets sell fast, don't miss out
Jump the queue and become an Ambassador
Booking office open from 10am to 5pm, 7 days a week.
12H00 & 17H00
This is how it works:
You phone or email and pay by direct transfer (credit card details can be phoned through to Chanda: 082 321 7542)
Arrival at Evita se Perron in Darling should be an hour before your route departs.
Parking will be sign-posted to The Darling Country Club, which is about 5 minutes walk from Evita se Perron, local taxis will be available, charging a nominal fee. The road in front of the Perron will be closed.
Find the well displayed Booking Office tent - please do not go to the taxi rank first.
Collect your ticket & this will determine on which route you go (big surprise! you cannot choose)
The taxis will take you to 3 theatre homes where we guarantee you will be well entertained by the fabulous line-up of International & SA artists. You will see 3 different 25 minute shows in 3 different venues. If you decide to go on another route please book at the booking office tent. Seats are limited so we suggest you book for the whole weekend asap - you could see 12 different shows!
You get to see three different performances which can be anything from dance, music (classical, jazz, world), poetry, stand-up comedy, circus, mime, drama or caberet. Part of the charm of the Voorkamerfest is the element of excitement in that the venues and performers remain a surprise!
Not suitable (yet) for children under 12 years of age.
Evita se Perron has a restaurant & bar, in addition there is also a bar & eatery tent outside, and various food, beverage & craft stalls. Take a walk around Evita se Perron with its boere-kitsch memorabilia & Boerassic Park. The Main Road which is within walking distance, has a number of excellent eateries who are waiting for your visit!
Don't miss out on Darling's renowned wine estates and of course our wonderful wild flowers ... click here
- No alcohol or smoking permitted on the taxis or in the theatre venues
- The colour coded tickets are dated - please check your tickets when you receive them. NB If an incorrect ticket is used on the day, the finely balanced system of dividing the audience into the taxis/routes will collapse.
- Once you have collected your tickets at the box office, to ensure that you don’t see the same shows twice, stick with the tickets you are allocated, be sure not to swop them around otherwise you may throw the numbers of the audiences per day.
OTHER ACTIVITIES ON THE WEEKEND
- Saturday 6 September: The Darling Spring Parade starts @ 09h45 down the Main Rd ends @ Evita se Perron at 11h00
- The Voorkamerfest food & crafts market at Evita se Perron will be even more vibrant this year. Relax & absorb the local spirit & Darling fare.
- Don’t miss the annual presentation of children’s workshop which will be presented at Evita se Perron an hour before each route departs, adding to the vibrancy of the weekend!
- Chanda Barrows will also take your booking & payment for the popular Perron Festival Party on Saturday 7 Sept @ 21h00 - tickets @ R80pp & sell out fast every year - cash bar available – (no meal included, please support all the many food stalls at the Market)
- Sunday 8 September 4pm: Annually all the artists who have performed over the weekend, graciously do 5 minutes of their show free at an open air performance in Darling East - this ends up being a vibrant performance with the artists, jamming and sharing. A great way to end an exciting weekend - open to everyone!
Ineke Palthe - Theatre Hostess and long time VKF supporter
Inge Bos from Bos Theaterproducties B.V.
Primrose and family awaiting arrival of their first audience
Mervyn and his team
of top Taxi drivers
Johannes Abrahams - one of the many VKF faces
Pieter-Dirk Uys and Wim Visser taking a bit of 'time out'