Anna Davel has firmly established herself as a highly accomplished and respected singer/songwriter with a music career spanning more than 20 years. This includes: four SAMA nominations and a SAMA award (2006), nominations for several other prestigious awards, the release of 9 independent albums, overall winner of Crescendo National contest (1997), performing on stages in various countries in the world (including Belgium, Canada, London, Portugal, Finland and China), producing numerous stage productions (a.o. Ashes, Boheem!, Bon Appetit) and making numerous television appearances.She currently celebrates the release of her most recent album “Moment” and songs from this album can be heard on several SA radio stations.
- In 2010, Anna plays in two feature films released on the South African circuit: Liefling – die Movieand Susannah van Biljon. In2014 she also stars in the Afrikaans MovieSuurlemoen! and her 4thfeature film to be released in SA in 2019, Hole in the wall, has already received 5 nominations during the Southampton International film festival.
- The past 4 years Anna has been directing the entertainment segment of the National Cancervive road show. Cancer survivors travel throughout SA on motorbikes to give hope, support to Cancer patients and to give information to the community, spreading awareness about the importance of early detection.
- In 2011 Anna released a new Afrikaans Jazz album with music legend Ollie Viljoen called Blues & Susters. The live production was nominated for a Kanna Award for Best Music Production at the KKNK ’12. The album is also the proud winner of a Media 24 Tempo Music Award ’12.
- In 2013 Anna releases her first children’s album, where she performs with the ever-popular Jacaranda Children’s choir. In die land van Kammalieliewas nominated for a Huisgenoot Tempo as well as a Ghoema Award for ‘Best Children’s Album 2013’.
- A personal highlight is her 2013 performance with Lira, Elvis Blue and Ian von Memerty in the RMB Starlight Classics productionatVergelegen Winefarms with the Cape Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by legendary maestro, Richard Cock.
- Landskap, a poetry production she directed and performs in, won the award for the Best Word productionat the prestigious Stellenbosch Woordfeesin 2017. She also co-directed the poetry production “Rooidag” which won the award for the Best Word production during the same festival 2018.
For more information: email@example.com